- Buses are a good option instead of the subway to get around.
- Sometimes it’s faster to walk than wait for the bus.
- 20 blocks north-south= 1 mile
- 6 blocks east-west (the normal size ones like from 7th to 8th)= 1 mile…this can change though on the east side with Madison and Lexington thrown in there
- I have no need for a gym membership when I live 1.6 miles from work and sometimes walk and live in a 5th floor walk-up.
- I have yet to learn how to grocery shop like a New Yorker. Lesson to myself: If you think your cart might be reaching the maximum amount of items you can carry home, stop then. Don’t look at it and think a few more things can’t hurt. Quit while you’re ahead! Or you won’t be able to feel your arms by the time you have walked the 3 blocks (the big east-west ones) back to your apartment and climbed the stairs up to the 5th floor.
- There are more restaurants on Seamless that deliver to my apartment than I think I could ever order from…Seriously, over 200 places will bring food right to my door!
- The bagels and pizza really are the best ever!